Monday, September 20, 2010

First Dentist Appt and 15 month appt!

Xander had his first dentist appointment and it went great..He has 6 teeth and is getting ready to cut molars(ugg)..He did really well throughout the whole appt and the dentist was awesome!! As usual he stole all the ladies hearts while we were there, they seriously wanted to keep him! He also had his 15/12 month well check today, he got his regular vaccines and his flu shot..We were all sick last week and it totally sucked! This was really X's first bad cold since being born, overall he did awesome with it, we used alot of simply saline and a nasal aspirator a few times a day and fortunately that did the trick..A few days after Xander got his cold, he was nice enough to give it to me, then I gave it to Tom!! And to top that off Tom and I came down with the flu a couple days later..So we were all sick and miserable, the first day with the flu was so bad that I took Xander to his grandmas for the day so I could come back home and sleep all day, I physically could not care for him that first day, it was awful but we got through it and back to business now! So back to Xander's doc appt..He only gained 7 ozs since our visit 3 months ago but that was to be expected with him being a crawling superstar now..He is burning much more calories these days!! So he's about 25 lbs give or take a ounce or two..Overall Doc said he looks great!! Today is Xander's EDD for when he was suppose to be born, so he is one year adjusted now..Within the past two weeks we have transitioned him to a sippy cup full time, whole milk and table foods..It was so much easier when it was only formula, I knew he was eating a good amount and had no worries..now with the whole milk and table foods I am constantly wondering if he is getting enough food in general, along with giving him good foods..He would drink all the whole milk I gave him if he could but the doc said limit him to about 24 ozs to ensure he will eat enough table foods..So I have been making three meals a day and offering snacks a couple times a day, it's just hard to judge how much he eats and if it's enough, but I need to just relax with the whole food thing..I'm sure I would know if he was not getting enough!! Another awesome thing is X is saying MAMA!!!! Yes that fine day was 12 days ago, I walked out of the living room and Xander was in there with Tom and as soon as he saw me walk away he said MOM!! It was so cute, and he has been saying it ever since..He has severe mamaidis right now, super clingy and not wanting to be out of my sight..Developmentally we are working on strengthening his lower body, and our next goal is X being able to stand independentally and then eventually take some steps on his own..As of now he is still very wobbly and cant stand unassisted but loves to pull himself up on things and is getting better at cruising..He will get there when he is good and ready!!





So funny, sleepy baby:)




No comments:

Post a Comment